Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Craziness in a nutshell........

Monday and Tuesday seemed to simply disappear magically into the ethers, never to be fully recovered again. After working 8 hours the previous 6 nights prior to my scheduled nights off, I was totally exhausted. Arriving home on Monday, it didn't take me long to fall out, I slept until 4:30 p.m. ,something rare for me to do, and since I'd slept so soundly laying back down in the evening was out of the question knowing that Don would desire my company in bed laying beside him while we slept. Lacking an energy and motivation, I spent the entire evening lounging in my pj's, alternating between the couch watching TV and the computer, catching up with some emails, groups, message boards and general internet surfing. Sometime around 1 a.m. the sandman came to visit and I couldn't seem to hold my head up any longer so I went to bed. I slept until 4:30 a.m. waking myself up dreaming about an art technique. Of course, my curiousity was peaked, so in my half comatosed-state of mind, I got up void of any real motivation to implement the idea. I often wonder what it would be like to be in my studio in that condition, LOL! Would I play with more abandonment, suppressing my inner critic? Anyways, my heart wasn't into venturing out into the cold bone-chilling air to seek the sanctuary of my studio so I plopped my butt into the computer chair once again.

This time I had a mission in mind...... to search for ideas for my dd, Amber's baby shower as she believes my studio is the perfect location to host it and in March at that! Grrrr........ KIDS!!! {I'm glad I was never one, LOL!}

I cannot say that I am too happy with this idea of using my studio, however, Amber always has a contrasting opinion that always seems to involved me arranging my life, schedule, time, and money to suit her own needs and desires........ although I frankly do not see what is the problem having this in the house. But as usual, I know she'll not let up on her "ideas" until I give into the demands of having it her way.

Anyways, I'm waiting on an actual guest list so we can choose invitations related to our Baby Shower theme when my mind begins to wander off thinking about the RSVP's. Amber believes most don't actually mail them if they're not planning to attend as often it is a last minute decision or circumstances that will prevent a guest from attending, so she'd like to have MY Phone number on the invitaions --- since I'm the "hostess". {I'm cringing already from the havoc this is gonna wreck into my daytime sleeping habits ; and let's not to mention the already made strides I've made within organizing my studio already!!!! }

So, after browsing, ideas for the baby shower theme itself, the invititions, RSVP's, refreshemnts consisting of food, drinks, and snacks, party favors, prizes, games to play, setting up areas for a buffet-style refreshment area and a gift giving area, I thought to myself, "Why the hell am I the only person responsible for pulling this off? And just who does she think is footing the bill?" Now, don't me entirely the wrong way, I don't mind doing my fair share of hosting this event, but I definately am believing that I won't be financing the entire event and that she's going to have to get some other people involved in setting the stage so to speak. I don't have the time, money, and resource to pull this off especially while working my crazy shift and trying to accomodate her timeline. My solution is to delegate some of this responsibility to others.... Amber, myself, Chris's mom, and my mom.

I looked at ideas, and believe I've found a lot of $$$ saving-ways to host a beautiful event, however, the drawback is it is a DIY style of project which means time! Another rare commodity in my life, after all, "who the hell needs sleep? it's only semi-tractor trailors filled with skids weighing twice my body weight I'm lugging around through the aisles of Kroger's at 5 a.m., " ROFLOL!

So, I pick up the phone and telephone Amber, requesting the company of her presense to discuss all the details of pulling this off. I cringe when I get the "but I want to have it in March vs. my Saturday, April the 8th suggestion" so that I'm not out the last 3 weeks of my pregnancy shopping and purchasing all the things I'll yet need before the baby comes. {Needless to say, all the while, I am wanting to kick my own ass for allowing her to once more dictate what and how I live my life and what I can and cannot do with my own paychecks.}
I realize that she means well, but she simply doesn't put a whole lot of thought into her best laid plans...... it's jump in head first and come hell or high water we all deal with the consequense after her decision has been made. Awwwhhhhh, another day in paradise!

Anyways, I think I've come up with a solution, so we're getting together on Thursday afternoon so she can one by one elimate all the ideas I have......... can you tell I'm looking forward to that? LOL! I love my dd, Amber, but she can become the biggest pain in my pita. Hmmm, maybe I need to email her, www.more.com's article, "Don't call me Grandma!" LOL, I'm certain that would go over big with her pregnancy-induced hormonal state of mind.

No comments: