Friday, June 30, 2006

Fanciful Art Banners...

Oh, oh, oh..... I forgot to mention that I found the Jul/August issue of Somerset Studio at Joann's yesterday! I couldn't believe it as I didn't think it would be out until the 1st of July! Anyways, after creating the previously posted artwork, I sat and read, absorbed, and digested this issue. It just totally amazes me the talent that so many people have. How one artist can interprete a call for a submission so differently from another and the choice of mixed media materials each chooses. I sat an read that issue once, looking at all the eye candy! As I turned page after page, I felt my heart sink when I reached the end of the mag where all the instructional how-to's are and the advertisements. I felt my heart scream, "No, I'm not ready for it to be over! LOL!" Have you every felt that feeling? Not wanting the experience to end so quickly, I went back through it and re-read everything.

One of my favorite items, besides the Pais theme, was of Pam Garrison's Fanciful Banners. My only wish was that Somerset Studio's would have shown more of them created by various other artists and gotten the page numbers for them right on the cover! {big grin} The issue states that they are located on pg. 86 which is incorrect, they are on pgs. 90-93... who proofreads the mag???? Anyways, they are absolutely gorgeous and I am planning to create one for Alexxis's nursery but one that will grow with her having it not being made in a nursery theme. I like the idea of mixing paper and fabric and I may even use some iron ons or canvas printed papers for mine. You can see more of the fanciful banners created by a variety of other mixed media artists on Pam's blog located at http://pamgarrison.typepad.com You'll need to scroll down just a bit to view them.

I'm also desiring to create a mini one out of scrap paper and fabrics for the doll house which I'm thinking more and more of decorating in a shabby chic Victorian theme. I've still two unfinished furniture pieces to paint and I truly believe that I like the idea of wiring it for electrical lighting. It is a bit expensive to do, but I think one worth doing so Alexxis and I can enjoy it more in the end.

Well, I've rambled on enough for one day.... I need to get to checking my email, checking my favorite message board and a few groups before I get started on my day. I'm desiring to head out to the studio later this afternoon and work on another submission which is a step by step process with it before working on some glass charms to sale. {*ta...ta}

No comments: