Thursday, July 27, 2006

Another Wednesday road trip....



Yesterday, Don decided he would like to get out and away once again. Sometimes, he gets so very restless while sitting around our home which leads me to believe he has more wanderlust in his soul than I do {although I'm not too certain if that is even possible} as I love to travel just as much! I hope I don't sound too complaining, its just that some days, I love being a homebody!!!

I had a strange sort of revelation yesterday though as I thought about the reasons for our travels. I realized that we both enjoy these road trips for so many different reasons. Don loves to meet new people, can easily walk up to a perfect stranger, begin a conversation that may lead to discussing anything and everything; while I am much more laid back, playing more of a role as an observer, lost somewhere in my own deep dreaming thoughts. It wouldn't bother me if I never saw a single soul on our journeys, I'd be just as content with a sketch pad, a few art supplies, and a few quite hours alone, LOL! Although, I must admit that the people we meet on our travels definately increase the excitement and desire to do more of it.

I think it is more realistic to say that our shared love of traveling, visiting both new and old places, the process of our journey's themself that leads us to our intended {and sometimes unintended} destinations. Another contributing factor is that we truly we enjoy one another's company and companionship on these road trips as they provide us some much needed time away from the distractions of business and our daily personal lives. These road trips also contribute yet another wonderful aspect of our relationship and fuels the fires of adventure in both of our gypsy souls. But, whatever the reasons of our shared love of traveling truly is, one thing is certain, we both love the coming and going, sharing the time with one another, and experiencing these adventures together. We both bring something wonderful to offer to one another to the table.

Anyways, here is where we ended up, deep within the ravines of the Hocking Hills State Forest just outside of Logan, Ohio where we hicked back to see some of God's wonderful handiwork displayed in nature. We've visited this area of Ohio on more than one occasion, however, I never cease to be amazed at how it changes from season to season and from one year to the next. Nor am amazed at how much harder it is to make the hike back to the lower falls area as we both continue to grow older and I'd love to believe a bit wiser! I can remember a time where I would have been more daring and adventure-some, where as now, I am quite content to stay on the guided trails!

No comments: