Sunday, January 14, 2007

Hip, Hip, Hooray!!!!

My cabinets are completed! After spending approximately 7 hours working on them; cutting, measuring, cutting, flipping them over and over again, to finially positioning them in there current spot and shimming them to obtain a level work surface to avoid my unlevel concrete floor--- The work is done!!!

Now, I am waiting for the dust to settle, so that the paper racks, bookcases, ect. can be uncovered and the studio cleaned completely top to bottom. I am so loving the new space with new work surfaces and storage for all those items that I need close at hand. It won't be long before I will be putting the final touches on the organizing process and begin to finish up the decorating.

I am thinking some fabric curtains on my bookbinding table and on the new cabinet... something that I can slide to one side while working and close when not in use to avoid some of the visual clutter. I am believing the fabric will add a nice soft contrast to the all the wood and the concrete flooring --- although I will be adding in one of the two rolls of outdoor carpeting to soften it up a bit. I'll take some additional photographs soon, I promise! I am simply happy that I have set a goal to achieve this and have stuck with it. It promises to be a wonderful place to create.

No comments: