Monday, March 26, 2007

After returning to Marion, we made a quick stop at the video store to pick up a couple of movies to watch at home. I was thankful that "Blood Diamond" was in as I'd been desiring to watch it. It was truly a great moving and Leonardo DiCapro --- well, how can you go wrong! His acting in this movie was magnificant. I like a good documentary every once in a while and this movie added more fact to a book I'd read many, many years ago about a diamond mine in Africa and how it effects the people of Africa. It amazes me that in this day and age, that society can be so primitive and greed can cause so much strife in the lives of others. So sad, but true. It makes me happy that I'm not so much of "a material girl" and even more thankful for the life I live.

This morning, I woke up grateful for that fact, as my thoughts turned once again to creating. I need to start working on my Gratitude Garland once again. Quickly, my thoughts returned to creating with fabric and I did a Google search for creating Fabric ATC's and Postcards. I have the supplies to create some and may even decide to create a few for Tina's "In The Garden" swap. I may have just enough time to complete 10 of them as long as I choose a simple design and get started on them soon. We'll see... I don't want to bite off more than I chew, LOL!

No comments: