Saturday, June 02, 2007

Well, I didn't begin working on the mural... As I cleared out the space and assessed the situation, I quickly realized that if we do get a pool and make changes to the deck, I'm going to lose the first two lines of my quotation so the third line would rather lonely there all by itself. Another obstacle was attempting to draw a large oval and try to get it symetrical... hmmm.... so I headed into the studio to gather up some supplies while I pondered about it. I quickly realized that since we'd recently allowed Amber & Chris to store somethings in my studio, I couldn't get to all the supplies I'd need so I'm putting that project on hold for a bit. Although, I do believe that I may have stumbled upon a solution for creating the oval shape by using a few sheets of freezer paper taped together, folded, then tracing a quandrant of an oval platter on it prior to cutting it out. Needless to say, I ended up puttering around the house, aimlessly, and opted to rest most of the day.

The Jeep is continuing to be a work in progress as a ground wire on the fuel filter/pump broke while attempting to put everything back together. So, another part has been ordered and Matt will be by later today to work on it once again, installing yet another part. If it isn't one thing, its another! Maybe after nickle and diming us to death, we'll end up with a decent vehicle when its all said and done, LOL! Matt's girlfriend, Laura and I spent a little bit of time in the studio, mostly me showing her what I do within the studio: creating scrapbooks, rubberstamping cards, mixed media projects such as my altered books, shrines and assemblages, artist trading cards, handmade and bound books, cigar box purses, altered hat box, ect. She fell in love with some of the old bottles that I'd altered with vintage style labels, embellished with raffia, fabric scraps, and images. While browsing in there we got to chatting about thrift stores, yard sales, antique stores, estate auctions and we may just get together one day and go hunting together. After they had left for day, I realized I really need to get back to finish re-organizing my studio once again. Don and I had recently priced a new air conditioner and had discussed purchasing one for my studio... I'm in desparate need of one, if I'm going to be working out there during the summer. That though made me realize that we really need to get focused on accomplishing one thing at a time instead of jumping around trying to accomplish everything we'd love to do all at once. It's just a matter of determing what to tackle first! LOL!

No comments: