Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Recent events...

Saturday, Sunday, and Monday were a blur of events and happenings. We spent time with Little Miss, assisted a friend, helped Amber and Chris get moved, and spent some much needed time with my husband.

Yesterday, we made a road trip to Columbus, stopping into Michael's and Border's bookstore for me. I purchased a bottle of the Sophisticated Finishes in Blackened Bronze metallic for refinishing the mirror, a can of Krylon's Make It Suede textured paint simply because it has been on my wish list for a very long time, a dotto adhesive refill for my hermafix dispenser because I love to use it for masking when stamping, and a jar of Martha Stewart's bronze glitter because on my last trip I put it back and resented doing so.

I discovered I've been way out of the loop when it comes to new scrapbooking supplies! As I've been attempting to use what I have vs. stock-piling more and more --- but WOW! Are there ever some beautiful papers out on the market now. Nothing like anything that I have in my stash, but I resisted purchasing any simply because I know I've enough to organize and get to using already. I don't know how that thought is going to stay with me, so I'm enjoying it as long as I can.

One item that I discovered and instantly fell in love with is Making Memories Embellishment Center. Don appeared as I was looking at it and asked if I'd like to have one. Would I ever? So, needless to say, I have received a few early birthday presents. Michael's did have a 40% coupon, and we don't receive their flyers, a discount was offered to us by signing a paper. We purchased two sets of the larger plastic jars and one of the smaller ones, so in essence the storage containers were free with the price of the unit at full price. I love the fact that if I decide to put the embellishment center to use in the studio, the jars are plastic. I love the look of see through containers, and have been attempting to avoid the use of glass in the studio because of the concrete floors. Here's a picture:



I am, however, still undecided about where I'll actually put and use it. Reality says that I'm not going to get out into the studio every day, so I'm considering setting it up somewhere within our home. I love the versatility of this, I just need to determine what and how I intend to actually use it.

No comments: