Saturday, February 28, 2009

p. 365 ~ Feb. 26th LO - Worth the Wait...

I've titled this LO, "Worth the Wait"

Using this double-sided sheet of cardstock from the My Mind's Eye's Bohemian Sister line has always been a challenged for me. So, today when I decided to use it to create this page, I simply allowed the LO to sort of evolve, allowing it to tell me what it wanted to become.

Yesterday, was a very unsettling day for me. After receiving some bad news, that I believed to be devastating at the time, I found myself rolling downhill rather quickly. I still needed to complete four - six layouts for this project, just to catch me up
and in all honesty, I was really beginning to feel overwhelmed with this task.
I wondered, "How in the world am I ever going to keep up?"

I am not a fast scrapbooker and I love employing techniques to each layout that I create.
So, probably needless-to-say, two weeks into this project I knew I'd have to make some decisions, and soon!

I quickly realized that I do NOT want to abandon this project...
that IF I could just hang in there,
I would see this through to the end.

So for now, I will keep up with my project 365's photos of the day
and create my pages along the way...
I knew in my heart what I was hoping to gain through this experience,
and I also realized that I need to LET GO & allow it to evolve...

to TRUST in & believe in "ME" more...
{so I wrote those feelings down on the journaling tags I created for this layout.}
They are tucked inside the large decorated envelope. Since this cardstock is double-sided, I wanted to take advantage of it, so I folded a section of it over without creasing it, and played with it until I knew just what I wanted to do - cut away a section of it, sew it to a background sheet and create a pocket to hold everything.


I used the quote by Epictetus, "No great thing is created suddenly"
as a reminder to myself to be patient during this process.

On the square of paper above it is another quote,
"One must still have chaos in oneself to be able to give birth to a dancing star."

~Frederich Nietzche

Since I now had two layers, with only half of the page attached, I was able to take my smaller cutting mat and by carefully placing and holding it inbetween the pages, cut some of the floral petals printed on the paper. I used an old ballpoint pen, void of ink, to emboss the floral petals so that they would stand up off the page some and allow the background paper to shine through.

I covered the large envelope with more K&Co. cardstock
{just because I like the pattern with the others pages} then, decorated the cardstock panel
that was supposed to go inside -- I simply decided I didn't desire to use it that way.

So, I sewed a scrap of printed paper to it and used a journaling spot {again My Mind's Eye} to journal this poem:


"It is only when we silence the blaring sounds of our daily existence
that we can finally hear the whispers of truth that life reveals to us,
as it stands knocking on the doorsteps of our hearts."


~K. T. Jong

No comments: