Sunday, April 10, 2011

Outer Banks Mini-Book ~ Signature II

The second signature was sewn into the right side of the gatefold album, again I fastened it into place using a pamphlet stitch. I used a lot of scrap papers creating this album and it was so much fun to find myself rubberstamping and playing with paper again. I think it shows ;)


I left room for observations...


included a postcard and added a map of the Outer Banks area. A rub-on circles the word "Corolla" and the map is accordian-folded to preserve the integrity of the small 6" x 6"book.


Another photo from the resort's website and a variety of rubber stamped images and text, along with some of the local telephone numbers that we may or may not need.


Also, located within the Corolla area is the historic Corolla Village, which features a quaint, small town restored schoolhouse that is on the National Register of Historic Places so I designed several pages for photographs and journaling to be added after our visit.



I was stoked to learn that the Corolla Light Resort won 2010's NC Resort of the Year. The map printed off below is actually an interactive map on the resort's website. I printed them off to assist me with correctly documenting everything... hopefully anyways!


The Grille, an oceanfront restaurant located within the resort,
aka "Crabcake Heaven"... another photo from website.


I created a pocket to hold another map that I printed off the resort's website. It is a map of the entire resort area, which our beach house is located within.


Print of map, unfolded.


Researching the area, I learned about Corova, a twenty mile area north of Corolla, where the wild Spanish mustangs roam free...



All of the above photographs were taken from travel brochures discovered online. I'll be adding photographs that we take once we get there which will help to assist in personally the mini-book just for ourselves.


This Rhonda Ferrer stamp pretty much sums up how I feel about going! I'm so ready!!! The next portion of the book focuses on the beach house itself... It's name is "The Lush Life" Let's hope it lives up to it, LOL!!!


I printed off the online photographs of the house and created a small accordian album to house them altogether.


Released from it's tie closure...


and stretched out...


One of the amenities of the Corolla Light Resort is the Community Trolley. Trolley Stops are located within the community, although one can easily walk to everything with just a little bit of enjoyable time doing so...


A tri-folded enclosure houses the trolley map {printed from website}, a stamped tag and a few accents complete yet another page. The beach house we've leased is located within the Lighthouse Villas area of the resort, so I printed off another map of the area. I'm certain these will come in handy in helping us to reach our destination! ;)


I also left a couple of pages for journaling and more photographs, as we, ourselves physically visit the area and get to experience all the sights and sounds ourselves!!! I cannot wait!!!

I may end up creating a few more signatures to add to this mini-book. It has already became apparent that that is a lot of information to pack all in to one place and did I mention that this only covers the one area out of many that we plan to experience while on the Outer Banks. Stay tuned...You may just see more here real soon....

No comments: