Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Book Broadcast........

I just picked up Jeanne Carbonetti's book "Making Pearls: Living the Creative Life" I don't know if anyone else has picked this book but she uses references of being creative by nature because we were created by God and refers to the creative process in which we create similar in nature as to how an oyster creates a pearl and the stages it takes much in the same way an artist goes through the creative process. It is an excellent read! Anyways, I think how each artist views their own creative process would make for a great topic and could be used on the pages of this journal, too.

The artwork featured within is simply amazing! and there are a few quotes that truly grabbed my attention. Maybe if someone else hasn't used them in another artist's journal, I will add one with a artistic background.

One of my favorites is, "And the day came when the pain of remaining tight in the bud was greater than the risk it took to open." ~ Anais Nin

How powerful, is that? :)

No comments: