Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Monday wasn't quite so productive of a day for me, I did very little as I must be in the lingering in the garden mood from yesterday's visit to the Park of Roses. I read emails, visited some of my favorite message boards and groups, posted a couple of replies, watched TV.

I received Claudine Hellmuth's new book, "Collage Discovery Workshop: Beyond The Unexpected" which I quickly and quietly devoured. In all honesty, I liked her first book better, the original Collage Discovery Workshop. I'm not quite certain what it is about this book that doesn't thrill me as much, if it is the change in her style of artwork --- although gorgeous, or if it is not filled with as many techniques, or the techniques she's using would mean purchasing more supplies for me to utilize them. Anyways, I do understand her desire to branch out, to grow, and experiment more as an artist and I feel she definately accomplished that.

The re-organizing of the studio is still on my mind although I didn't make it out to the studio yesterday. There is still quite a bit to accomplish. I did cut up some pages, imported papers, and covers for yet another book although I haven't began assembling, gluing, and stitching it together. I figure it will be there when I'm inspired to begin again. I'm learning to know and trust my own creative process more, realizing that there is more to being an artist than simply creating artwork. Re-oganizing, paperwork, marketing, ect. also plays a big role...... possibly one day I'll discover my own sense of balance with all that as well.

Today's agenda consists of simply enjoying life, picking up, putting away and cleaning the kitchen, bathroom, and living area. I believe I mentioned receiving two add'l journals to work within for the art journal RR. I made a mistake in working ahead of schedule and forgot to trim the pages down before I began. However, all is not lost as I can use the instruction sheets by cutting them down due the way I designed them a little differently. Trust me after creating six to seven of them, you get a little more creative, LOL! The content is the same as the others so I suppose that is what is important. I've decided since the Whimsical Writing pages I'm contributing are a mix of pencil, pen, and colored penciled alphabets to be used as a guide for the recipient to use to recreate the artwork within their work that it wouldn't be too big of a problem to take them to the Office Supply store to have them reduced and colored copied. I believe that is what I am going to try to do. In the event that I don't like the copies, I'll simply have to buckle down and re-create them. The good news is that there is one journal coming my way shortly that the original page I created and forgot to trim down will work in that one so all is not lost!

Well, I have a few more things on the computer to do: check emails, make a few replies, visit one of my favorite message boards before starting in with the house work. Don's schedule flips beginning today ---- he now will be working from 4- closing at the store so I may make it out to the studio yet today. I'd like to continue to work on the re-organizing, as I am making process. It is cloudy and overcast, looking like rain so I doubt that I'll be carrying any additional supplies out there to be dealt with yet, which is fine, it makes doing this a little more managable!

OH, I changed my settings so that anyone can now post comments on my blog. If you'd like to leave me a comment, ask a question or whatever, it is no longer required that you set up an account with Blogger. I didn't do this previously due to some of spam, advertising, etc. I've seen in replies on others weblogs but I thought that I'd try it and see how it goes. *tootles*

No comments: