Friday, September 02, 2005

Assistance for victim's of Katrina.......

Just an FYI...

The company I am working for through a temporary agency is taking a hiatus from product production and operation . The company decided to utilitize the $$$ saved from utilities, salaries, wages, and holiday pay for Labor Day salary employees to assist the victims of Hurricane Katrina. I will be off work tomorrow {Friday/Saturday} and all 6 days next week........ a small price to pay in comparison to those who've lost so much. Overall, an estimated $25,000 - $40,000 in assistance is expected to be contributed by the company US wide.

It is a bittersweet blessing for some who rely on the $$$ to support their own families, although most {myself included} are truly counting their blessings and are thankful for what they have. This tragedy touches my heart as Gulfport, MS {in the Biloxi area} was once Home Sweet Home to me in the early "80's.... the devastation is unbelievable. I am blessed to working for a company that truly is willing to put off profits to assist where assistance is greatly needed.

No comments: