Sunday, October 09, 2005

Still sick........

I didn't go to work today as I felt horrible all weekend and through last night. I am still taking the Zithromax and using DayQuil OTC. I wasn't able get to sleep until after 12:30 a.m. , must be something in the DayQuil....... I would have taken some Robitusin Cold medicine however, it really knocks me for a loop and I was going to try to go into work.

Anyways, around 4 a.m. Don woke me up. He said he didn't want me going in to work today as I tossed and turned and coughed most of the night. I dosed back off and awoke around 5 a.m. to call Shelley, a co-worker who we pick up and take home everyday. Don left at 5:30 a.m. to pick her up to take her to our carpool point and will pick her back up a little after 4 p.m. so Nancy, her babysitter, will not have to drag her two girls out in this rainy weather.

I went back to bed after talking to her, to sleep and awaken once again around 9 a.m. I think I broke a fever as I awoke soaking wet. I called Amber at work to let her know I didn't go to work and placed a telephone call to my Dr's office to see if they could work me into their schedule and provide me an excused absence slip for today and possibly tomorrow if he thinks I need it. Unfortunately, his office is booked solid so I am awaiting a telephone call back from him on what to do next. It really sucks to have to miss work, especially after getting my first 40 hr. work week in at this location, but I didn't desire to infect all my co-workers either!

I gargled once again with some saltwater which has eased my tender throat, took my antibiotic, and basically am doing as little as possible...... still in my pj's, as a matter of fact. A nice hot bath sounds good and I dol need to go get dressed so that I can pick up the excused absence and/or another prescription if needed. At this point it is a guessing game....... waiting for instructions on what to do. I can say that I am beginning to feel better now but will need to wait and see what this evening brings. It is funny how the difference of night and day affect a cold, and I definately have a head cold.

Well, I'm off of here to get my bath, get dressed, and launder my bedsheets and pj's. Hopefully, whatever this crap is, it won't spread; there's nothing worse than passing a cold/flu off from one family member to another and back again.

No comments: