Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Coming home.......

Don and I's journey begin setting out towards I-85 South to I-74 West, where we stopped by the North Carolina Arboretum - http://www.ncarboretum.org/ As we visited we became immersed in the botanical and cultural heritage of the Southern Appalachians. I promise some pictures soon as I get my film developed. We visited briefly, taking a tour of the gift shop and the Bonsia Exhibition before we decided it was time for our journey to continue.

Off of St. Rt. 19? we entered the Blue Ridge Parkway! for some of the most scenic views I've experienced in my life. I'm still trying to figure out which section of the BRP we actually travelled on, the Mile Markers, the mountains, the views.... notes quickly sketched on pieces of paper to be looked up online with provide me the opportunity to become more familiar with the area. The vista views were amazingly gorgeous, even after the peak of Autumn's colorful glory the previous week before our visit. On the beginning of our journey through the BRP, we were greeted with warmth and lots of sunshine, to partly cloudy skies, as we travelled towards Tennesee as a cold front with rain was heading our way. The weather provided us a wonderful variety of viewing pleasure, as the fog and mist rolled in over the mountains. Here is a picture of Mount Pisgah I discovered online that is so similar to those that I managed to capture and experience.

No comments: