Sunday, January 29, 2006

Some recent events.......

Whooo - Hooo! After working tonight, 16 of my scheduled 24 hours will be completed for this week. Of course, there is always the possibility of receiving a phone call requesting a bit more of my time, which is both a blessing and a curse, LOL! A blessing because we can certainly use the $$$; a curse because it will take me away from my home, my family, and the things that renews my spirit. Tonight will be the 6th night of 8 hours shifts that I've worked, and the Lord only knows how I'm looking forward to a few nights off and some time for myself and family.

Don has been awesome adjusting to my new job. Sometimes, I think it is all too easy to take our partners role and how our lives effect them into consideration. But I have to admit, he's been a God-send to me lately; assisting me with household chores, taking care of Chaos, demonstrating patience since we're on two very different schedules. He's doing excellent with his recovery from surgery...... going on the 7th week now. He is still experiencing some pain, mild to moderate discomfort, however, his 6 week follow-up visit with his Dr. is one the 1st of February so we'll know how to procedure from here. He's beginning to get more and more restless as cabin fever is setting in and since he isn't working, I don't quite think he knows what to do with himself nor his time. We talked there for a while regarding him getting a hobby; he's had a lot of silkscreen printing experience and would like to pursue that further. Of course, I'm excited as some of this can be transferred and carried over into my paper arts hobbies! What could be better? LOL!

I really had to the urge to create tonight. Unfortunately, little too late to actually do a thing about it. By the time I would have gotten out the necessary supplies, I wouldn't have had any time to create a thing so I decided to simply think about creating and those thoughts themselves brought me pleasure. I'm hopeful to get some rest after arriving home tomorrow and upon getting some housework done, spending time with Don and Chaos, I can find some time to create. I'm thinking I'd like to try to stay on my 3rd shift schedule a bit more than I have been on my nights off. Even if it is only for 3-4 hours, it would allow me some time to create..... something I can do quietly while Don and Chaos sleep. I'll just have to remember not to bang too many eyelets, LOL! or learn to do so quietly. Of course, I could always purchase a quiet setter, but that takes have the fun out of setting them, LOL! not to mention some of the tension the act itself releases. *wink*

Don's Dr.'s appointment is in New Albany, a suburb of Columbus, so I'm thinking maybe I can make a stop at Scrapbook Art, Stampland, Prism's, and/or Michael's on our return trip home, if Don is feeling up to it. Of course, I'll need to make a list of items I desire as going in any of those places is hazard to our wallets without one. I also want to focus on the studio re-organization a bit more and begin implementing some of my storage solution ideas into my creative space soon. One step at a time............ as I have some previous commitments that need to take presidence first, like the Music of the heART swap and working on the Art Idea Journal RR, which is fine by me. It allows me the opportunity to pull some supplies and think more about the final results that I hope to achieve in the long run. And, who knows what I may discover along the way...........

No comments: