Monday, February 06, 2006

Awhhhh, time to create... and yesterday's update

Saturday afternoon and into the early evening, I decided I better get my butt in gear and begin working more on the studio re-organization. However, once out there, I found myself lost...... not even knowing where to begin. I'm thinking one has to be in a cleaning, organizing state of mind to actually do either. I have good intentions, just no motivation to see the process through, LOL!

So, it wasn't long before I decided maybe I should be working on something else, so I focused my attention to what I needed to get to creating: the Music of the heART swap or the Art Idea Journals. Deciding the Art Idea Journals would require the most time, I decided to focus on the Music of the heART swap.

I began by cutting my chipboard and my transparencies to the required 4"x4" size. I picked out some fabric to use, looked through my beads - although I had previously purchased an embellishment item that contained beads before deciding to go with my original thought. I looked at the stamps I desired to use, grabbed some inks, EP, and came back into the house. {Oh no! I'm doing it again, LOL! Dragging supplies back inside.}

Anyways, I looked at the printed paper I'd recently picked up for the swap at Scrapbook Art and decided how I desired to use it, then cut it down to size. Next, I focused my attention to stamping; and before I knew it, I was actually assembling the swap submissions together! I got them all completed! {Although, I may change one small section, so I left it semi-attached in the event that I do decide to do something different there. It can be easily changed.}

It felt so good to be creative! To actually have the time to sit and enjoy the process of it all. I don't think I actually realized just how much I'd missed the doing vs. thinking about it, LOL! I'm happy with the way my contributions turned out, even though I am considering a small change and the possibility of adding one particular item. Both can be done fairly quickly, without much difficulty, and neither would be too time-consuming ---- Perfect! So, I packaged them up and set them aside to allow the ideas to brew a bit before I make that final decision.

Saturday evening, Don & I spent time lounging around, watching TV --- nothing in particular, just channel-surfing; chatting about nothing really important before retiring to bed. I woke up early on Sunday, 4 a.m., drifted back off to sleep for a few prior to deciding just to get up. My nights off work are probably the hardest on me. I can't stay awake in the evenings as I am used to lying down in preparation to go to work and work all night. Even my best thought out plans for actually doing something seem to go out the window after I reach a certain point and from there, there's no turning back.

Yesterday morning and into the early afternoon, I browsed online for a bit...... checking out some blogs I hadn't been on in a while, visiting some websites, clicking links here and there before I finally decided it was best to get off the computer and actually get some things accomplished around here.

Don helped me make dinner, meatloaf, mashed potatoes, green beans, and garlic bread. While the meatloaf was baking, I tackled Chaos into to tub for a bath. He {Chaos}, was so good! Didn't give me any problems bathing him, stood perfectly still while I washed and rinse him. It's after the bath ordeal that we have a problem with, LOL! He playfully attacks my hands and the bath towel as I try to dry him off. Growling in a playful way, barking at me, running away and coming back. After managing to get as much water off of him as I possibly could within the confined space of the bathroom we ventured into the living room. He had to rub himself on everything, the carpeted floor and me. We played with his toys for a bit, before he laid down beside me, being content. Somehow in all the playing around, I ended up with a fat lip! Chaos had his toy in his mouth and my head was over his when he raised up and caught me, right in the kisser. Thankfully, the swelling is down this morning although it is slightly bruised.

After I cleaned the bathroom back up from Chaos' bath, washed out the tub, and got in myself a bath to remove any remaining dog hair off of me, and clothed again, Don & I had a good dinner. We washed up our dishes together putting things back away before retiring to the living room once again before I ventured back out to the kitchen to bake a Carrot Cake... yyyyuuuummmm.

Then, more playing with Chaos ensued. He really is a good dog, just needed some attention and loving from the two of us. I guess we both get too tied up in the coming and going, doing this and that, to really realize that he needs us as well. As the evening wore on, all of us were tired and retired early for the night. Well, at least I did....... it seems Don and Chaos got up to watch the SuperBowl game and TV for a bit while I snoozed. Anyways, here I am waking up at 4 a.m. in the morning, trying to be quiet while the two of them sleep!

I believe I'm going to get into MS Word and type up the game sheets for Amber's baby shower. I finally found my printer software so I can hook that up or save them to a disk. Sheila, one of Amber's previous co-workers and a mutual friend, offered her assistance to me with the baby shower so I may just take her up on some of it. She mentioned being able to make copies of whatever I needed at work for me ---- without getting into trouble actually doing it.

I'm still looking for my scanner software....... which totally sucks! I've artwork I'm dying to share --- a recent book I created a few weeks ago.... BLOOM; and now this Music from the heART swap. Anyways, until next time, happy arting, artlings!!!!

No comments: