Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Thank You to everyone......

who contributed to making my birthday a very sweet, simple day! My sister, Mary, for her telephone call, my friends {you know who you are, LOL!} for the handmade and created cards wishing me a Happy Birthday. To Don, for the wonderful day out, and my dear daughter, Amber, who is giving me the greatest gift of all, a grandchild.

Yesterday was a beautiful day! The weather improved as the day went on, the sun was shining, and Don & I took a ride over to Ontario, where we visited a Target store. I purchased some additional party favors in their $1 spot for Amber's upcoming baby shower {a baby banner, a gift bag, 8 beautiful sheer pastel boxes to be filled with candy; 4 tubes of bath salts to be given as party favors, and enough envelopes & cards for her to use for her shower "Thank You's" and stickers to decorate them.}

We had an excellent lunch at Cheddar's before preceding on to Barnes & Nobles where I found the latest issue of Somerset Studio's Wedding Book and purchased a new book, "Visual Chronicles: The No-Fear Guide to Creating Art Journals, Creative Manifestos and Altered Books by Linda Woods and Karen Dinino.

We returned home around 4 p.m. and Amber visited with me and got me a beautiful vintage style chamoisle top with a sheer black decorative cover up. The telephone rang off the hook with "Happy Birthday" singing and well wishes from friends. All and all it was a great day!

No comments: