Monday, February 06, 2006

Things I discovered online..........

I mentioned checking out some websites in one of my previous posts, and one of the sites I check often is http://melissafrances.com I absolutely adore her product line! I love her new releases for January and am considering using some of her paper line for the Baby Shower items and an scrapbook album. I, also, am thinking I'd like to co-ordinate some of her Home Decor items into my grandchild's room for storing items. The fact that they can be later used within my studio is an additional bonus! *gosh, I love that!*

I've began saving some vegetable and soup cans to decorate with in my creative space. Need to get the good ole' Dremel tool out that an online friend recently asked me about and use the drum sander to remove any burrs from opening the can and drill two holes in both sides of them for wire to be added. Decorated with a white wash finish, wire handles, a piece of satin ribbon, and a few cabbage roses, I'll have some wonderful tins for my paint and stipple brushes, storing some of my calligraphy pens, and colored pencils.

I, also, found some Vintage Chic fabrics from Calico Corners that would make a beautiful bedding set in the event that my grandchild is a girl, LOL! This not knowing the baby's sex is making my life a little hell........ but then, there are no guarantees. So, I'm browsing my options for both sexes. Here's a preview of some of the beautiful fabrics I like: http://www.calicocorners.com/fabrics_vintagechic.asp These would look lovely within my studio space as well.

I know I picked out some French Quarter fabrics {see here: http://www.calicocorners.com/fabrics_frenchquarter.asp} before, however, I'm still leaning towards painting my kitchen red! and hunter green in the back section. I think those fabrics may just be better suit in there with the rest of my home's decor. I like the idea of my kitchen being painted, fabrics being added to what is already owned. I have a black checked pattern in my curtains there, but need some added interest. Maybe in the form of some swag style toppers. I love the thought of adding in a hint of Tuscany, even if is only in the form of some of the color schemes.

No comments: