Monday, March 06, 2006

Cleaning and organizing contines......

Don & I worked around the house yesterday, catching up on laundry, cleaning and organizing the nursery/laundry room. We took down the twin bed; hauled the bed frame upstairs and put it back together. We wrapped up both the newer matress and box springs in plastic before taking them upstair and placing them on the frame. The reason: cedar wood floors!

When Don's dad built our home back in the early 1950's, this area of the house was no existance. It wasn't until the 60's that he added on the half basement, the hallway, the two bedrooms which we converted into one large room, and the half story room upstairs adjacent to the attic. This smaller room has two sloped pitched ceilings that run along the outer roof line and cedar plank flooring. It makes it difficult to store any clothing, or fabric related items, as the weather warms up, the cedar smell emerges.

Now, don't get me wrong, I love the smell of cedar...... in a chest, LOL! In a room, is in entirely 'nother story. One thing we won't have to worry about is moths eating at the fabric of either matress or boxsprings, LOL! One day we're hopeful to complete paint this upstair room in a whitewash appearance on the walls and box in the slopes with small bookcases. It is one room of our home I'm "giving up" for Don's personal use. I figure it is the least I can do since he gave up his garage for my art studio and I've basically taken over the rest of our home for one whim or another, LOL!

A quick vacauming of the nursery/laundry room revealed that I won't need to completely shampoo the carpeting in the room - although I do intent to hit the traffic area from the doorway over to the washer and dryer.

Today's agenda: To stay warm! Can you believe we got an inch of snow overnight? Snow! Bllleeechhhh! It is supposed to warm up within the next several days and turn over to rain. Yeah! Meaning a bit more cleaning up after Chaos makes his potty trips....... and one final cleaning on Friday before the baby shower.

We may attempt to hang the bifold doors up over the washer and dryer today and plan to assemble the baby crib. This should be interesting, LOL! Don isn't too mechanically inclined and I can do these things if I have some assistance...... so what an adventure this will be! If I'm not completely worn out afterwards, I plan to pick up, dust, and vacaum the living room.

Shelly {Chris's cousin and a former co-worker} is going to be a god-send to me tommorow as we'll clean the studio..... dusting, washing off the tables, re-arranging them, making certain we've enough chairs, moving a few boxes which I've yet to find a home for, and sweeping, mopping, and vacuaming the floors. Hopefully, we'll be able to get is all set up and get started on the decorating without dragging in too much to be cleaned up afterwards.

Thursday, Mom and Amber are coming over to assist with baking and decorating cupcakes and sugar cookies. Amber is desiring to assist with the decorating of the studio so hopefully anything Shelly and I don't get completed can be done then. I'll have all day on Friday to do all the last minute things prior to Saturday's event.

I've yet to pick up film and batteries for my camera.... and few odds and ends....... however, it's all begining to come full circle. {*smile}

No comments: