Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Creating....... on my mind....

After searching through my stash of images to use in the "Secret Pathways, Doorways, and Portals" book page swap, I couldn't seem to leave well enough alone. My creative process is like often like that. Trust me, when the muse comes calling I'm all up for listening to the voice that beckons me onward.

Having written some words, phrases, thoughts, and ideas down as I search for the images I thought would work for the theme, I discovered that I was caught in the writing mode so I decided to expand upon my artistic vision by playing around with the words. On a clean sheet of paper, I began writing placing the pieces of text and words that spoke to my soul in an order that described the theme to my spirit. As I wrote my theme seemed to be taking on a life of its own and in a direction that I had never considered when I originally thought about the pages I'd create.

Deciding I liked the way the words came together, I decided to type them up in MS Word. I even tried something new, using the book fold feature. It wasn't what I expected it to be, however, after cutting down a page the size required for the artwork I need, I realized it would work perfectly. I'm a bit undecided about how I'll actually go about including the text in the actual pages as I really want the art that I create to speak to each of the individual participants in their own way. So, I have a few alternative ideas in mind that will enable me to add my interpretation without distracting from what my intented audience might envision. {Geeshhh, it is hard to write about my thoughts and ideas without giving it all way, LOL! I like the element of surprise and allowing for personal interpretation and discovering if the recipients seen what I actual felt while creating the art!} Anyways, it was a bit after 2 a.m. when I finally went to bed, to sleep, to dream.

I woke today with thoughts of creating this art on my mind. I had some pre-conceived ideas that I haven't given up on as of yet, and in some small way may still be incorporated into the pages as they are created. I've learned to never say never when it comes to actually creating art as often what I am envisioning and what actually appears can become something else with a life all its own. I got to thinking about some of the techniques I'd like to try on the pages that will be added in, the colors I desire to use, and think I have enough to actual begin getting started!

So, today I plan to review the images I chose, begin to look for a central, common theme within them and see what comes from that. I also brainstormed a bit and have one idea in mind that I believe is achievable with some of the stamp images I have in my stash of supplies. I'm actually excited and cannot wait to head to the studio to begin sometime this afternoon! This will be essential as some will take some time to set up, to work, to create the desired effect I'm hoping to achieve.

No comments: