Friday, March 03, 2006

More Preparations........

Awwwhhh, my "spring cleaning continues...... and yes, that is a small sigh of relief! I'm continuing to kill many birds with one stone - spring cleaning and re-organizing our home while making the necessary preparations for Amber's March 11th Baby Shower and the all-too-soon, anticipated arrival of my first grandchild.

I managed to finish up the kitchen and bath room yesterday before moving on into the living room and tackling the small bookbinding table in the computer area of our living room. It was a rather quick transfer, I assure you, as I sorted by, "trash, file, and packed things up" method. I couldn't help getting a kick out of Don as I no sooner closed the lid on the box of craft supplies and there he was, immediately asking if he could take it upstairs, LOL! Without hesitating, I answered, "No!" quickly realizing just how possessive I am when it comes to my art supplies. I very gently justified my response with, "my most needed tools are in there!" Geesh....... I'm shameless! and nevermind the fact that this is the first time in several weeks that I've actually used them , ROFLOL!

In all reality, I was subconsciously wishing I could them sorted the way I desire and have them back in the studio, in a spot where they might actually belong. Unfortunately, there isn't time for that, so into a box they went... to be shuffled off to the guest bedroom which I'm planning to tackle today after dusting once again. {and speaking of dusting...... What's black? Thin? About 1 1/4" long? and all over? Chaos' dog hair! What a time for him to begin shedding his winter coat! I swear no amount of grooming and brushing prevents it either. I am truly tempted to vacaum him while I have the sweeper out, LOL! He seemed to enjoy it as a pup! {*grin}

Anyways, we've managed to get quite a bit accomplished in this past week, a fact I'm proud of... especially after having to put so many things off for as long as we both did. Neverminding that it was unintentional and couldn't be avoided due to the circumstances at the time... The good news is that at least we are both making a unified effort to set things right once again and intent to keep up with up all from here on out. {Hey, a girl can dream!}

I do have to admit that I was hopeful that we'd get a little more accomplished than we did. I had planned to mop all of our hardwood floors, however, that thought and all motivation to actually do it went quickly out the window when I glanced outside around 3:45 p.m. to see white, fluffy, SNOW falling! I must admit that I had to cringe as I thought about having to take Chaos in and out for potty breaks and the muddy paw and shoe prints that would be left behind after doing so. {Let's not mention that he doesn't do "wet" very well which = coming inside an shaking off!} Oh, the sweet joys of my life, as I once again, find myself settling for a few quick fixes......... a damp mop and a strategically located old towel!

No comments: