Thursday, April 20, 2006

Amber's Dr.'s appointment went well. She's still 1 cm dialated but is now 65% effaced. She said the baby was moving around so much that they were unable to get an actual heart rate this visit. She was surprised at how much the heart rate changed with the baby's activity. I had to chuckle about this one to myself as I don't believe at this point in her pregnancy she'd find it too amusing, LOL!

Today, Don & I visited one of my favorite places. Oakland Nurseries. Oh, La, La...... I did manage to behave myself somewhat. I purchased a 4 pk. of Dusty Miller, a 6 pk. of Vinci vine, 6 Pk. of variety of colored pansiesa &" potted pink Dahlia, and a 8" pot of a rose shade of Ranunculus --- all of which are now potted. I got 2 12" pots - one with the Ranunculus only; another with the Dahlia, vinci vine, and dusty miller and 1 - 6" pot of Pansies, vinci vine, and dusty miller. I also purchased the coolest little water fountain --- very zen style; it is resin with resin rocks where the water bubbles and spills over; approx. 5 1/2" in height and circular in shape. It very easily could be added into a glazed pot or even a square glazed tray. I also purchased a bamboo windchime! I love the sound these make, nothing too loud, just something soft and very pleasant to listen to. I also filled both of my backyard bird feeders up with song bird seed for the cardinals and blue jays. One day this week, I need to make it out to the garage and find my gold finch feeder to fill with thistle.

I looked at some amazing glazed pots, even found one I loved the patina of in a green aqua-y mix but unfortunately the coaster tray was no where to be found. I came home with a lot of ideas for our rear deck however! Imagine that, from me......... {*smiles}

No comments: