Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Some "non-artsy" things...

Donnie picked up the vinyl siding for our "new" garage. The guys worked into the late afternoon yesterday and finished up the east side. They'll be back today to begin on the west side and front. We have all the fashia and soffit needed to finish the house, the studio, and the garage and to cap the 3 front windows of our home. I'm happy to finally be getting most of home remodeling finished. The redecorating and occasional painting inside, I can handle.... as it isn't something we'll do every year, LOL!

Rod had his wrecker friend pick up our Jeep! It is now at his garage waiting for repair. He believes there was simply too much pressure since replacing the water pump that caused the radiator hose to blow off. Hopefully, this won't amount to a huge bill and we won't be replacing a radiator. {urgh!}

I've done little cleaning other than the everyday picking up, straightening, dusting, and vacuaming our home. So today, I plan to go room by room and clean thoroughly; luckily I've been busy stamping and cleaning up after myself so there isn't too much time-consuming things to actually be done.

I chatted with my friend, Rebecca on Yahoo the other night. We've made plans for Mike & her to come over to Marion on their new motorcycle and have dinner out on Wednesday evening. Don & I are really looking forward to that; it will provide us some much needed R&R and a chance to catch up with one another. She shared some photographs recently taken with me and I was able to save them to my hard drive so I'll have them to remember her & Michael move to Atlanta. We talked briefly about her starting a blog so that we could stay in touch with one another. And I realized that the two of us need to schedule us in a couple "play dates" to spend creating before they make all the final plans to move.

Chaos --- is making up for some lost time. Being rambunctious the last several days and so hard-headed that I often think it is him trying to train me, LOL! Hopefully, he will "be calm" today... he is definately keeping this soon-to-be grandma very active!

Today, Amber is officially 38 weeks along with the pregnancy. Hooray! She can safely deliver without any complications to the newborns lungs. She did test positive on her Strept B test, so now we know she'll be receiving an antibiotic during labor and needs to go to the hospital just as soon as her water breaks. I've everything I need packed and ready to go on a moments notice, whenever the babe is ready now --- we're waiting with open arms! {smile}

1 comment:

Someplace in the middle said...

I'm a few posts late with this but I've been wondering what the "Feather Lite - technique" is. Could you describe it or show a sample?

I surfed in here with the random "next blog" button. Being a long time paper artist myself, I was interested enough to read through some of the past posts.

Your ATC turned out nice. :)