Friday, May 26, 2006

I've been busy....

so busy in fact that I've had very little time for myself, much less for some of my other family members or friends - both in real life or online ones. The last several days, I've spent cooking cleaning, catching up on laundry, and spending time with Alexxis. She's been such a blessing to my life!

The good news is she certainly is teaching me the importance of slowing down and enjoying the moment more. As I held her {while she slept the last several days} I noticed I couldn't seem to keep my eyes on the TV, I absorbed the Oprah show and the news that followed more by listening and quick glances. LOL! I was so afraid that I missed even one of Alexxis facial expressions. She is quite the character and I so enjoy seeing her personality emerge. The littlest things like the way she wrinkles up her forehead, frowns, grins, and smiles, and is learning to laugh and coo.

Realizing this, I am reminded of the song, "Amazed" by Lonestar.

"Every time our eyes meetThis feeling inside meIs almost more than I can takeBaby when you touch meI can feel how much you love meAnd it just blows me awayIve never been this close to anyone or anythingI can hear your thoughtsI can see your dreamsI dont know how you do what you doIm so in love with youIt just keeps getting betterI wanna spend the rest of my lifeWith you by my sideForever and everEvery little thing that you doBaby Im amazed by youThe smell of your skinThe taste of your kissThe way you whisper in the darkYour hair all around meBaby you surround meYou touch every place in my heartOh it feels like the first time every timeI wanna spend the whole night in your eyesI dont know how you do what you doIm so in love with youIt just keeps getting betterI wanna spend the rest of my lifeWith you by my sideForever and everEvery little thing that you doBaby Im amazed by youEvery little thing that you doIm so in love with youIt just keeps getting betterI wanna spend the rest of my lifeWith you by my sideForever and everEvery little thing that you doOh, every little thing that you doBaby Im amazed by you."

I'm going to have to get some pictures of me holding her and a few that I took during the last couple of days that she's spent time here with me alone --- just her and I. I really needed to blog this so I won't forget to scrapbook this, it's definately a moment I'll always want to remember.

No comments: