Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Chronicle Books... Oh Boy Labels



I also discovered these beauties! Labels! Contained within the prettiest mauve box with a transparent Plexiglas top holding lid with an elegant assortment of over 100 retro labels. In the most subtle shades of green, pink, red, and blue, and edged by beautifully intricate borders, these labels will add a stylish touch to gift tags, house-hold organizing, correspondence, and so much more.

I also purchased a book on sale regarding fabric and paper dying and decorating. I don't have it handy at the moment, but will post the title later. It features some of the most beautiful papers I believe I've ever seen along with supply lists and the techniques to re-create them; lots of the techniques that work on paper will also work on fabrics with a bit of additional supply purchases.

Don and I also looked at screenprinting equipment and supplies but decided to wait for a catalog from a wholesale company he hopes to deal with in the future. I'm hoping that we'll see something that we both can agree on and like. I believe I'd so love using one in my paper arts and Don will be able to use it for his business. They have a really nice large sized screenprinting press there and who knows maybe yours truly will really enjoy it and make some items with fabric as well!

I also looked, okay, swooned over, some linocut supplies but decide to wait a bit as I know I have some small block printing supplies and Speedball linoleum cutters somewhere in my studio. Deciding it best to locate them first before considering what to purchase would be my best bet to avoid duplicates. Also, I hesitated a bit, wondering how much I'd actually use them. What if I don't enjoy it? or cannot find the time to utilize them to their fullest potential?

But anyways, I'm really excited about learning some new printmaking techniques, although rubber stamping will always be my first love. I think it will come in handy for my paper and book arts projects and I'm dying to get started.

No comments: