Saturday, July 01, 2006

Is the entire universe against me making it into the studio?

Isn't it amazing that no matter how hard I try to the last several days to knock out everything on my to-do list so that I can spend some guilt-free time in the studio, it's all for nothing! LOL!

Like yesterday, I cleaned the house, washed our bed sheets, dusted, swept, vacuamed and mopped floors, and Amber calls asking if I'd keep Alexxis for a bit. And you know that I'm going to.....

Anyways today, just as I finished up updating my blog earlier, Nancy, Chris's mom comes to the door and asks me if I'd like to go to some yard sales with her and her dd, Mickey. So, I get my shoes on really fast, put Chaos outside, grab my purse, some $$$, and a bottle of cold water.
I did discover some terrific finds! but here I sit at 3:30 p.m. hot and tired from our adventures: not to mention that I'm ready for a nap, LOL! The hot sun certainly took it out of me today. Figuring I should eat something I fixed me a hot dog, ate some cold macaroni salad and am lounging in the air conditioning. Ahhhhh, maybe I'll make it out in the studio on Monday. Today has just got me shot! I've still got to go to Joann's tonight and one other place this evening and tomorrow is Don's day off.

I guess I'm just gonna have to get up bright and early and escape to the studio without the telephone of any way for anyone to distract me! Don watches wrestling on Monday nights so with a bit of pre-planning a crockpot meal maybe I'll get to creating something yet!

The good news is that today I discovered a wonderful old book of children's stories at one yard sale for $2. The stories were still popular when I was a child, in the early 60's although they were written in the 1930's, and it has some excellent illustrations in it! When I called Amber on the telephone to wish her a happy birthday just a bit ago, I was telling her about it and asked her if she remembered a few of the titles. Titles such as, "The Shoemaker and the Elves", "There was a Tammie!", "The Oldest Story in the World", "The Owl and the Pussycat" and Wynken, Blynken, and Nod" Okay, I'm probably dating my age a bit but I mentioned to Amber that I'd love to read these old stories to Alexxis, and Amber was like, "Mom, I don't remember them either." So, I quickly replied, "I'll have to read them to you, too." Anyways, I know what content I desire to use to create Alexxis some soft filled books. I'm thinking I can trace some of the illustrations onto material and embroidery them and stamp the story lines! A handmade gift and one I'm certain she'll always treasure! I'll just have to put them up for her when she outgrows them. {*smiles}

If I get some time, I'd be happy to scan in some of the illustrations for others to use. But right now, I cannot make that a promise. I've too much going on just trying to make it into the studio, LOL!

No comments: