Sunday, July 09, 2006

A sigh of relief..

The stress of the last week is behind me... the telephones are working, the broken mop has been replaced, and I've decided not to stress myself out worrying about the damn Jeep. It's old and should be repaired and replaced one day. I spent Friday night out with Don and friends. We listened to a great band at the Moose, chatted, laughed, and danced our hearts out. It was great to get out and gain a new perspective on life once more and spending the entire day on Saturday with my granddaughter helped me to simply rest and relax.

Around noon on Saturday, Amber and I headed to the grocery store, returned to put the groceries away, and Alexxis and I settled in for the day. Alexxis slept, and slept, and slept. She's doing wonderful; growing by leaps and bounds just like a beautiful weed. She weighs 10 lbs. and 13 oz. ; is in the 50% weight category, and is now 23 3/4" long --- and is in the 75% range of babies her age in height. I think she's going through yet another growth spurt as momma now has drinking 6 ounces of soy formula. I've began calling her "grammies piglet", LOL! She is doing great all in all; full of smiles and laughter, cooing, and trying to talk to her "friends". {Her "friends" are her Looney mobile hanging above her crib at home and the fishes who live in the FP Aquarium bouncey seat and swing}. And, of course, mommy, daddy, grandma Nancy and I. She's beginning to make the cutest facial gestures, demonstrating both her happy, disappointment, and frustration. Yesterday, she actually grasped one of baby toys for the first time that I am aware of and right into her mouth it went to be further explored.

While Alexxis slept, I browsed through blogsville, discovered inspiration galore and realized just how much I miss creating art. I've been thinking of creating a deco {a small handbound book}, starting another altered book, or painting some background pages for my art journals. Something, anything. I've so many ideas of things I'd like to create, I just need to jump in and begin one.

Having gotten a little sleepy from reading, I took an afternoon nap with Alexxis. Waking up an hour or so later, revitalized and refreshed, I decided to make a pot of vegetable soup for dinner last night. The pot turned to be a bigger pot than I had originally intented, so I won't be cooking today. In fact, I believe I'm going to freeze some of it for the upcoming days I plan to be in the studio.

I haven't yet began working on the quilt. I do need to clear off one of the tables in my studio so I can have a spot to iron the fabric before I start cutting out the blocks I'll need. I'm thinking of maybe setting the sewing machine up in the house so I can work on the quilt inside one days I cannot make it out into the studio or while Don watches TV in the evenings. It would be so much easier to work on it in small increments of time vs. spending long periods of time that I could be working creating art in the studio; so this will work better for me, I think.

Chaos spent the day outside yesterday, actually behaving himself. Him and I had a go-around regarding his barking the other day when I was so frustrated. I feel a little bit guilty about shouting at him and spraying him down with the hose to get him to stop and lay down. However, it worked! He has been so good ever since. I need to make some time for him today, giving him a bath and grooming. He's a bit overdue and it is time for his Advantix tx. I believe I'd like to spent the day here at home, cleaning and catching up so that I can get back to the studio on Monday and Tuesday. We'll see how that goes..... as it will depend upon how restless Don and Chaos are, LOL!

No comments: