Thursday, August 17, 2006

Sewing...

The coptic stitch starts inside the book's center signature and a tail is left. I sew from the inside bottom hole to the outside of the signature. From there, the thread is taken under the book cover and through the cover, where it taken back down into the signature of the book once more. The thread is taken to the center hole in the signature and sewn through the signatures to the outside again where this step is repeated then on to the last hole. When I reach the last hole for attaching the front cover, I start to work on attching the back cover. Since, my thread is in the inside of the signature and I need it outside the signature to begin again, I simply take it through to the bottom hole on the opposite end of the book and repeat the above steps. Posted by Picasa

No comments: