Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Various other news...

I thought I was doing a good thing yesterday! I went in and backed up some things from my C://drive to my D://drive, prepared some photographs and documents to burn to CD's. Ran my weekly Spybot program, check out my Norton Antivirus, and even ran a Windows Update and upon the computer's restarting, Internet Explorer updated.

Things were going good, at least until I had to re-boot my computer for the updates to take effect. It was then that all my new problems occurred. At first, I thought my computer's monitor was going on the fritz. When I opened Internet Explorer, I immediately noticed some light and medium grey lines on my screens. These lines are especially noticable where there are photographs in .jpgs and .gif's on the screen and where text is. It is so distracting!!!! But for now, I'm dealing with it.

I definately have a love/hate relationship with this thing. I love it when it works; and hate it when something like this happens that seems beyond my geek-ish capabalities. I've resigned myself to calling my computer Dr. Gary and letting him figure it all out, LOL! I'm very thankful that in the event that it is something he'd need to take my computer to repair it, that I have the crappy back up out in the studio to at least stay in touch and check my emails. I wondered if maybe I should check for some patches or additional updates and troubleshooting on the Microsoft website......but my problem is when it comes to my computer, I'm a huge chicken! Let's face it, I already know that I have no problem messing it up! Ahhh, such is life!

No comments: