Monday, September 11, 2006

Lianne's Deco page created by me....

Lianne's Deco's theme is Favorite Childhood Memories so I brainstormed regarding some of mine --- chasing butterflies with a butterfly net, reading books while lying in the grass, watching the clouds go by, climbing the tree in Mrs. Short's backyard with Carol to sit within it's branches while singing, "On the good ship - Lollipop!" and going to the lake almost every year with my family. I choose the lake memory because it is the most consistent memory as we went practically every year. I stamped a D. Morgan rubberstamp image, colored it in with Prismacolor pencils, softened it with Mona Lisa Mineral spirits. I adhered a sheet of white vellum to continue the feeling of a childhood memory remembered and journaled using a black slick writer the following words, "Summer's spent at the lake.... singing, dancing, twirling in the sun and the sand." I adhered a small piece of sea glass and two tiny seashells to the vellum to embellish and created a quick sketch of a small child twirling in the sand. I hope she likes what I've created! Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

liannallama said...

Oh, lucky me! What a great surprise to log on this morning and see this! It's fantastic and I absolutely adore it! I can't wait till it comes around and I can see it in person! I feel so lucky today!