Tuesday, October 10, 2006

9x9 Box and Lid...

I created this box this evening. It is a 9x9x1/2 box that I picked up on my last visit to The Container Store... hmmm, back in June/July!

I desired some of these to not only decorate but to hold some of my vintage ephermera. I have more to create in the same size and my thinking was that once each of them have been created, they will be stacked one on top of the other and tied with a tea or walnut stained stamped twill. I'm desiring to stamp words like "vintage", "found elements", and "ancient ancestors" on it and tie it on the top side. This is intended to be the top box; the others will be a little less dimensional to assist with stacking them.

I used two acrylic paints, some partly assembled puzzles, a vintage image, a doily, skeletal leaves, and a brass stamping. Faux typewriter keys spell out, "Beauty." I used a Charlotte Perkins-Gilman quotation, stamped using the Hero Arts Printers alphabet that reads, "To be surrounded by beautiful things has much influence upon the human creature; to make beautiful things has more." I used Golden's gel medium to adhere a gold 1/2" ribbon to the sides. Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Leni said...

pretty