Tuesday, October 03, 2006

On the Art Scene...

I accomplished quite a bit recently. I have the Postage Stamp ATC's completed; along with a 3 for 3 ATC swap to be traded with the swap hostess! I'll upload them after the swap has been returned to all the participants.

After painting and re-arranging my living room on Sunday, I sat and started to work on Mieke's Art Idea Journal and managed to get my Whimsical Writing pages with the instructions created. I have one piece of artwork that I desire to create for her journal, then created a glue page that she requested. From there it is simply a matter of Christi getting my own journal and Mieke's pages to me so I can mail it on! Yippee!

I packed back up almost every art supply that I've brought into my home recently and got those taken back out to the studio. I did keep a few things in here to work on, like the Halloween garland and the papers that I'll need for creating Christmas gifts soon. I think I'll gather up only what I need to create them in the house and do all the decorating of them within the studio since the days are a lot cooler now. But anyways, my intention is to get out there one day this week, and begin re-organizing and putting those things away once again. Of course, I'll keep some works in progress close at hand.

I also want to look for some of the fall decorations that I had used within my booth to decorate our home with. Not too much, just a few that will be easily packed back up before I start decorating for Christmas

I am also thinking of switching out the journaling table in my studio for the one that is currently in my kitchen, since it is darker wood and would actually look better in the kitchen. I'll be bringing down four chairs out of the attic that belong to our glass top table that we stored since the kitchen remodeling due to its large size. {One day I may purchase a smaller glass table top for it and actually use it again.}

Since I worked so hard this weekend and managed to finish up the swap and RR that was pressing, I'll be able to focus my attention completely to working in a smaller deco swap and on getting my Christmas gifts created. I didn't choose too many to make, but a few of them will be a bit time-consuming... like the Coptic stitched books. The others are easily created in a few hours time. Gotta love that! {I'll try to photograph the items that I create that will not be going to family members who read my blog. I wouldn't want to ruin there surprise now, would I?} {*wink*}

No comments: