Saturday, November 25, 2006

Good News/Bad News...

Don and I had a wonderful Thanksgiving! First with a light lunch at his mom's house, time spent with his family and good friends. Next, at Dennis and Sheila's for Thanksgiving dinner, spending time with them a their family. Can you say, "STUFFED!" LOL! With all the food and visiting, I captured only a few photographs and none from their home. Maybe next time?

On Friday, while I spent time sorting through a lot of boxes of Christmas decorations, I received a telephone call for a job! $10 an hour; 2nd shift; 10 hr. workdays with mandatory overtime, with transportation provided and a 4 hour commute per day. I went filled out the paperwork, took a drug test, and was all scheduled to start on Monday! I was ecstatic!!! Now, mind you, I am not a 2nd shift person. In fact, that is my last choice of hours, however, since it is only temporary, 5 weeks in duration, I'd intended to stick it out. Not crazy about commuting to Columbus either, but hey! we need another vehicle or $$$ to repair our Jeep. Fast forward, to this morning and a telephone call, NOW if I want the job, I need to make my own transportaion arrangements. The reason, not enough interested applicants to bus us down and back. Urghhh! So, I am undecided. Do I take it anyways, in hopes that during the next week or two there will be enough interest and transportation will be provided at that point? Or do I continue to search on my own???

We only have one vehicle; the reason I'm willing to go to work in the first place. IF I take this job, we are putting more wear and tear on the truck with two round trips made with each shift I work and $20 per day spent in gasoline(which comes out or our pocket expenses until I receive my first pay.) I don't know what the answer is... but we're discussing and weighting our options.

In the meantime, I am staying busy. I put up our 7 1/2 foot Christmas pre-light tree last night. I hung gold bead strands of garland on it, along with three rolls of gold embossed burgandy ribbon, and hung all the ornaments. I loved sitting and looking at it late last night after returning from the Moose for the Friday night drawing.

Today, I wrapped the presents we've purchased to date; with the exception of a few. I created some tags for four stockings using gift tags, cardstock, printed papers, eyelets and jute. I tied them on to the hangers. I don't have enough stockings for everyone individually so I used one for Alexxis, another for Amber & Chris, another for my Mom & Dad; and the last one for Don and I. I've added a few things to Alexxis; Amber's is filled with assorted items I've purchased for her, while my parents, Amber & Chris's and ours, will be filled later with candies, fudge, chocolate and a homemade Christmas card.

After taking this break to update, I'll preparing a Handmade Christmas Mingle for an online group for mailing. Next, is to work in the two Art Idea Journals in my possession and prepare them for mailing. I'm ready to focus on more painting, decorating, and Christmas gifts that need to be made still yet. Until then... have a great day and wish me luck with whatever I decide regarding the employment opportunity!

1 comment:

liannallama said...

oh, it sounds like a great Thanksgiving!

Personally, I know I couldn't physically handle working 10+ hour days and driving for 4 hours on top of that. It will leave you with 8 hours to sleep and 2 hours to shower, eat and dress every day. At least if they were driving you, then you could read or sleep on the way and it's not as physically demanding.

But I think your'e a lot physically and mentally stronger than I am about those things, so if you go for it, then I'd ask for more money!

Good luck with this!