Thursday, November 30, 2006

My kitchen is "almost" finished...



Whoo-hoo! I am out of paint! For now at least... {I'll need to purchase another gallon as I have some "touch-ups" to do. I like to have some paint on hand for those little dents and dings that occur through the course of our daily lives.}

Don was kind enough to bring our glass top table supports and four chairs down out of the upstairs storage area; while I set about cleaning and putting things back in the room. It wasn't long after that when we were setting the tabletop in place! Everything seemed to go back together perfectly... without any mishaps!

On the tabletop, I added a glass Home Interior bowl filled with a chubby candle and surrounded it with a winter scented potporri. A pair of a rooster and a hen grace the bowl with their presence and create a wonderful easy to remove centerpiece. The chair cushions that we recovered a few years ago from some leftover remanents from the curtains, assist in tying the room together. They offer just enough of the black and vanilla checks, that is repeated in our curtains, to provide some contrast and match perfectly with the touches of black and white scattered about the space. I so loved waking up to this room this morning!

1 comment:

liannallama said...

Oh, your kitchen looks FAB and so cozy! Love the black and whit checks! That red is beautiful--so worth all the trouble you went to!