Sunday, January 28, 2007

Good "early" Sunday morning!

I didn't manage to make it out in the studio yesterday but I did get a lot accomplished in a short amount of time. Working around our home, cleaning the kitchen and bathroom, sweeping and mopping the hardwood floors, cleaning the living room and bedroom, and even doing up a few loads of laundry in the course of three hours. By early afternoon, I was on my way to the grocery store, mainly to purchase baby food, formula, and tylenol so that I could the remainder of the day {and night!} with Miss Alexxis!

We had a great time together today; playing, crawling, singing, bouncing, coo-ing; you know all the fun things that babies love to do! The best part was all the loving and cuddling!!! Alexxis is 9 months old today and in celebration, we opened one of the remaining presents leftover from Christmas! {I purchased way more than I should have so we saved some gifts just for whenever!} Today's gift was Alexxis first ride --- a stride/ride and learning walker toy... although we didn't check out the walker part yet. She loves it! I tell you this toy does a bit of everything and is a great educational toy as well a physical/motor skills building style of toy. I has a key that turns while saying, "On, Off, and Let's Go!" A radio with a few varieties of songs. Turn signals and lights that light up and actually blink while a "clicking" noise is alternated with "right and left" while turning the steering wheel, which also features a horn that goes "beep, beep". There is a button style knob that sounds off "push and pull" as well as "lights on and lights off". There are three shaped and colored blocks that fit into the engine compartment which features a liftable lid for easy removal that sounds off "open and close" and "up and down" and as if that isn't enough, it sings "ABC"s", counts to 10, and "The wheels on the bus" song all sang in a singing style. Of course, Alexxis bounces and dances and her face lights up everytime the music comes on, LOL! {Can you tell I had a great time watching her play with it while playing with her and it?}

After dinner and cleaning up afterwards, with Don's assistance of course! We snuggled on the couch after a bath and lots of lotion! Shortly after a "power nap" we played until almost 12:30 a.m. Guess who's sleeping peacefully while grammie unwinds??? I did capture a photograph of Alexxis on her new ride which I'll upload sometime in the next several days. I'm simply too tired to mess with it right now.

Alexxis' mama will be here around 10 a.m. to pick her up tomorrow as Don and I have a birthday party to attend tomorrow at Godfather's Pizza. It will be a nice break for me not having to cook lunch as well as provide me with some time for family and friends. Life's been good! {smiles} And this girl is off to bed and ready for some sweet dreams....good night, sleep tight....

No comments: