Sunday, January 14, 2007

I spent the day yesterday relaxing and resting. I enjoyed cooking a homemade dinner for Don & I and made the necessary preparations for putting a roast in the oven for dinner today.

Friday night, I took a tumble. Returning from the Moose, Chaos exited the house as Don opened to the door to go in, he came to greet me before doing a 360 and running across the road into our neighbor's yard. I managed to stay calm and went after him. Just as I got ahold of his collar and was making my way back home, I'm uncertain if he tried to bolt again or if I simply lost my footing in the wet grass, but either way, I landed on my rear right in the gutter at the side of the road. LOL! Yep! I was soaked from head to foot, and thankfully, only managed to get a bit bumped and bruised up. Unfortunately, my left hand didn't fair so well. I got quite a scrap on the palm of my hand and I think it probably could have used a stitch or two. Anyways, I picked myself up, made my way safely back home, into the restroom to get out my soaking wet attire, got my hand cleaned up, and myself into my pj's.

Yesterday, I noticed it appeared that I had something embedded in the palm of my hand, so I tried unsuccessfully to remove it. Being too tender to really mess with, I continued cleaning it frequently throught the day. This morning, however, was a entirely different story... it is definately infected. So, I had to perform a minor surgerical operation on it. Thank God for my medical assisting experience, I sterilize everything and had to lance it back open, do a debriment, and then cleanse it good. It is wrapped up with a betadine pad and gauze now to keep anything else from effecting it and if there is no improvement by tomorrow I'll be adding a visit the my doctor's office for additional treatment and an antibiotic.

Today's agenda, with Don's assistance get the roast put in the oven while work out in the studio again. My parents will be arriving shortly to begin working on the newest installment of cabinetry. I'm thinking I'll prep the area from all the dust and get to work on sorting some things out. As I work, I want to start a list of items that I need to address storage solutions for, access what I have available for use so that I am only purchasing exactly what I need. I have a few ideas in mind... using soup cans to store and separate my color pencils, stain and paint some existing storage items, ect. So, it is still a work in process but one that I am loving! I'll share some more as we continue to work on the space... and hopefully have some photographs to share with these thoughts and ideas.

Until then, take care of yourself and I hope you are working to achieve one of your goals, if not resting up and making time for family and friends. See ya....

No comments: