Monday, January 15, 2007

Today's agenda...

* chiropractor appointment *

Then, off to the studio! I am so pleased with the progress that I am making that I am not ready to take a day off --- not just yet! Tomorrow, however, will be a different story as I will be watching dear little Alexxis to provide her other grandma a well-deserved break! I've offered many times to keep Alexxis a few days out of the week since I know all to well what a handful she can be to keep up with. However, I assure you it is a pleasure not a chore at all! So there will plenty of time to rest and relax then. I can get back to the studio in the evening after she has returned home to time spend time with Mommy.

I'd like to also share a major accomplishment that Alexxis recently made. I am afraid that if I don't share it here, I'll forget about it and I really desire to scrapbook this, so here goes...

Amber had given Alexxis a bath and handed her off to Chris to get her into her pj's for the night while she took her own shower. Chris took Alexxis to the living room, lathers her in lotion, diapers her, and gets her comfy into her duckie pj's. Thinking he'd surprise Amber if he could get her settled in for the night before she made it out of the shower, he fixes Alexxis a bottle. After several attempts of trying to get Alexxis to drink it and about half way through, Alexxis was having no part of the "settle the baby down for the night." She was far to interested in the toys scattered about the living room. So, Chris attempts to entertain her and still attempts to get her to finish the bottle, so he tells Alexxis, "...and the little duckie goes "Quack.Quack." for its ba-ba..." Alexxis looks at him like he has two heads. Deciding not to give up, Chris repeats himself, "...and the little duckie goes "Quack.Quack." for its ba-ba..." Alexxis pushes the bottle away. Chris laughs and attempts it again.. "and the little duckie goes "Quack.Quack. for its ba-ba..." only this time, Alexxis throws her hand up, pushing the bottle away, struggling to sit up. She looks up at Chris and in a serious tone of voice, says, "Quack.Quack." and continues to struggle to get on the floor where the good toys are. ROFLOL!

Up until this point, Alexxis daily vocabulary has been little words, "DaDa; MaMa; and BaBa" Just as plain as day and totally out of the blue comes, "Quack. Quack." The next day, Amber is telling me this on the telephone, Alexxis is playing with her toys on the floor, and she hears Mommy saying this... so here it comes... "Quack. Quack." over and over and over again. LOL! She is so adorable!

Also, hey! I have to brag --- she's my first grandchild! --- Alexxis is very independent. At a little over 8 months old, she now crawls down the hallway to her nursery to go play with her toys in her room. She will stay there for over an hour, playing all alone. Of course, Mommy checks in on her often and will just watch her while peeking her head around the corner of the doorway. And of course, Grandma cannot wait to share in some of the excitement of spending time with her and her sunshining disposition tomorrow!

Well, I'm outta here... gotta go get ready for my day. More to come soon...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It sounds like Alexxis is going to keep all of you on your toes. What a sweetie. Daria