Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Yesterday we managed to get the 1x4x10 board cut to length and adhere to the base of the center island before we ran into another problem. It seems the adhesive that I picked up to attach the cove base is too big to fit into the chauking gun. Should have grabbed two of the smaller size, hey? That's okay, we can work on something else... Using the extension cord that I purchased, I plugged it into the wall socket behind the bookcase, run it down the wall, acrossed the floor to the bookbinding table, plug in the showcase lights, and viola! One of the bulbs is burnt out! Remove it, lay it one the stamp table beside the cove base adhesive to be taken back and then, decide to call it a day! LOL!

Inside the house, I attempt to replace the ceiling fan globes. Easy enough job for a woman to complete, huh? You'd think so... That is IF you picked up the right size globes in the first place, LOL! Rewrapping them up in the bags they came in to return them, this time for the right ones!!!

While in the kitchen, my mind turns towards making us some lunch or an very early dinner. I whipped up a tuna noodle casserole complete with a layer of cheese and crunched up Ballrich potatoe chips. YUM! While that is cooking on the stove to be poured into the casserole dish for melting the cheese, I figure if I need the oven on , I might as well whip up a cake! So, we had a nice white cake with whipped vanilla frosting for dessert.

After eating, cleaning the kitchen again, I settled in to watch "Be Original" and fell asleep on the couch for several hours. I must have needed it as I awoke feeling a bit more vibrant and lively. I continued to spent the evening lounging and relaxing, figuring my body knows best.

This morning involved a trip to the chiro, then off to Lowes to return and replace the above mentioned items. While out that way, Don asked again about the curtains that I desire to create for the bookbinding cabinet, so on a whim, we decide to check for fabric at WalMart. I found several fabrics that would work well, then spotted a bolt of home decor fabric that I love! The good news is that it was on sale for $2 a yard!!! I also discovered some decorative trim that will work well with the curtains and it was also on sale for $1.36/yd. So, just under $12, and I will be on my way to sewing up some curtains soon. Who knows, maybe I'll even design a matching pillow, but first, its back to adhering the cove base!

No comments: