Sunday, February 11, 2007

I Have Been Blessed....

Good Sunday Morning! I love Sunday's! It is Don's day off, we usually have something planned to do yet I am still able to ease into my day. Sometime, today we will be visiting with Dennis and Sheila, just need to make a telephone call to see what time we should head over there. I miss our good friends, it has been awhile since we've seen them.

Yesterday turned out to be a wonderful day! Out of the blue, my friend Christine telephoned asking me if I'd like to do lunch. Well, of course, I would. Christine is such a hoot and fun to be around. Shortly thereafter we headed for My Jalapeno's for a Mexican lunch. Yumm-mmmy! After lunch, chatting, and goofing off, we returned to my studio so Chris could gather up some things she had left here a long time ago. She loved my newly remodelled and organized studio! But, it was sort of bittersweet seeing her packing her things into her car, I can't explain it, but I felt as if she was moving out and moving on with her life. My heart was saying "Goodbye, dear friend." Isn't that crazy? LOL! I'm certain we will stay in touch with one another, at least I hope we will. I need to make more of an effort to keep in touch with her, I realized I'd hate to loose our friendship.

Shortly after Christine departed my dd, Amber and Alexxis came for a visit. It was nice to sit and visit with my daughter. It seems most of the time I get to visit with Alexxis as she runs errands or takes a mommy-break, so sitting, having coffee and a conversation was wonderful! We made some plans for Monday and I look forward to that but know better than to set my hopes too high, as Amber is very unpredictable.

Several hours later, Don returned from work and we made our way to WalMart so I could pick up a new camera battery charger. Well, anyone who knows me, knows I'm not "safe" to take shopping. I can find more stuff than anyone I know and end up with more than I intended to purchase, especially if I don't create a list prior to shopping. Last night was no different as I found a coffee/expresso/cappuchino machine on clearance for $25.00 - Whoo-hooo! Now I can make me some goodness at home.

Also, do you remember the "elusive" fabric that I searched for what seemed like forever for? The same fabric that I needed more of for creating my bookbinding curtains? Well, a trip to the fabric department and a wonderful discovery lead me right to that bolt!!!! There was a total of 5 3/4 yards remaining on the bolt and at $2 per yard, I purchased it all!!! I am so stoked. Now, I can get it washed up and create two more full-sized curtains to swap out the ones that I cut in half and hemmed the side seams. I'm thinking the smaller panels could be used on the center island so that I am not simply wasting them. I'm still not believing my stoke of luck with finding it; I certainly thought that it would be long gone, never to be discovered again, yet thankful for what I did already have. Isn't it strange how that works? Maybe my heart wasn't in the right place at the time I was looking... who knows but it is something to ponder upon. What I will create with the remaining pieces is anyone's guess. Maybe a matching curtain topper, a tote bag, another pillow? Maybe I'll even save some of the scraps for using in my much desired crazy quilt. Oh! Oh! Oh! Speaking of crazy quilts... I discovered the instructions with a Romantic Homes magazine that I'd pick up when I originally purchased the fabric. I normally do not grab that style of magazine, so maybe it was simply meant to be. Whatever it was, I'm glad I listened to my heart.

Speaking of hearts, needless to say, all my good intentions of getting into the studio to finish up two swaps didn't happen. Sometimes, I think we just have to trust that the universe has other plans. I was definately blessed with a wonderful day spent with family and friends, is there anything better? I'll get there soon and when I do, I know it is where I am meant to be. {smiles} I saw some wonderful ideas on Matthew Meads website and in the Country Home mag that I would explore further... hmmm, maybe in my sleep?

2 comments:

Anita said...

Thanks a lot for passing by my blog and leaving a comment on my new birdcage. I bought two little sweet pink (plastic) birds on Saturday and put them inside. It looks much better now, not yet perfect, but much better. And I left the door open!
I like your idea of putting a hearts inside as well as a banner. "My heart flies free", as you wrote - that would look gorgeous"!

Cathy said...

Ahh, Anita. Thank you for stopping by. I cannot wait to visit again and see how that birdcage comes out. It is absolutely gorgeous!