Monday, February 05, 2007

My vintage postcard collection...



All of these postcards are such a joy to sit and read. They are postcards sent from a son, his wife, and family home to his mother and father. This family was originally from Delaware, OH. I one day want to sit and sort them in chronological order and document their travels. The family was involved in the military and later in missionary work. Most of the messages on the postcards range from well wishes sent home, places they were visiting, local landmarks in the area they were located within or close near by. The postage stamps on the postcards are all intact; I cannot bring myself to steam them off and the postmarks themselves range from the 1930's to the late 1940's. I acquired them at an action. One that I stood over 4 hours in the pouring down rain and once up for bidding, anxiously paid $15.00 for the entire lot. Don teases me to this day that I could have gotten them cheaper; I was so afraid that I'd lose them that I jumped on the first offer made! Live and learn...

No comments: