Tuesday, March 27, 2007

A card....




Ever since I first laid eyes on Sandra Evertson's Birdcage Couture in her Fanciful Whimsey's line at Stampington & Company, I've been desiring to create a paper tole style card using it. I found a few hours to work on completing it this evening and these are my results. There are several layers to this card creation, in fact the only one intact with the entire image is the first one mounted to the card. The other layers have been cut, decreasing the dimension of the original image, and in several of the layers, I removed the birdcage entirely. I added the banner that reads, "Wedding Wishes" and on top of that is a small section of the image to assist with additional dimension. The sentiment inside reads, "The little bird sang the song she had long ago captured within her heart." The perfect spring-time sentiment for two wonderful people in love. {smile}

I don't know how much of the little birds you can see within those photos, but they were purchased today after Don and I took a ride to Ontario. We shared an quiet lunch, enjoyed the sunshine and warm weather, the opportunity to connect with one another again. We shopped at a variety of stores before finally checking out another of my favorite places, The Evergreen Company in Galion. This is one of a two sets of birds I discovered today, although I was "supposed to be" shoppping for a birthday gift for his mother, LOL! But never fear, I did find her a wonderful 18" garden stake with a resin and glittered "Garden Fairy". The fact that it was in the clearance section for 50% off didn't hurt either and justified me purchasing a few treasures. Don't you love how I justified that? LOL! Tommorow we'll be shopping at a few local nurseries in search of the perfect potted Spring plant or perhaps a perinneal. I did spot a couple beautiful, soft pink, lilac bushes at one nursery today --- but resisted the urge to get us both one! One day, soon.... I've promised myself one... perhaps after the threat of frost disappears.

No comments: