Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Today is going to be another busy day....

Rita telephone me yesterday and set up an hair color, highlight, and cut for me at 2 p.m. today. I jokingly told her I was worried that she was on vacation, not that she doesn't deserve one, just that it didn't fit into my schedule at the moment and she laughed, saying she can understand my concerns.

Yesterday, I worked on getting the my supplies that I'd "baggied" up brought into the house and condensed down the lace and trims into one 3/4 full quart size baggie. Various fibers and yarns were cut into managable lengths and then wound around bobbins and put in my new organizers for this weekend's retreat. I emptied my XXL tote, removed some items that had fallen out when my embellishment case opened up, and then vacuamed out all the little pieces of paper and whatever else has been gathering within it in the last several years; not to mention some remanants of sawdust from the studio remodel. I also created a new pile of supplies to be returned to the studio and then, packed up the card making supplies and added the paper supplies back in. I designated two of the plastic lock top organizers for paper supplies while another one has ink pads, embossing powders, and Anna Griffith wood mounted stamps. I utilited all the little pockets for adhesives and a variety of supplies that would fit into them and not take up so much room inside of the tote. I ended up with 3 of the large plastic lidded and removable totes inside along with my perle cotton holder and two of the Artbin acrylic cases containing my embroidery flosses, silk ribbons, and fabric embellishments. The other two embellishment cases fit into my Embellishment bag along with two 6" lengths of bead storage. I have my tool kit to sort through as of yet, however, most of what is in it will probably be going along with me. I know I said I was intending to "travel light" but unfortunately, that isn't going to happen --- in order for me to take along some of my supplies I need another tote. I was considering using an overnight bag, which I'd need to purchase when Christine mention this morning that she has several that I may be able to borrow. So, mainly it is a matter of when either I can reach her to pick it up or she can get that to me. If time becomes too much of a problem, I'll probably just break down and purchase an inexpensive overnight bag. Lord knows there have been times we could have used one. See what happens when make fun of friends, LOL!

Other than the sorting, condensing, and packing, I managed to get one quilt block finished. I took a photograph of it shortly before midnight last night. It can be seen in the post below. I'd love to start several more while I have the knack for it but I'm uncertain if I'll find the time before I go.

My evening plans, after I return from my hair appointment, is to clean house and get some laundry washed, dried, and ready to be packed up. I need to create another list for personal items that I'll need to take along with me and begin gathering those up. As I list and think about all these things, I wondered, "Who's idea was this?" LOL! But I am certain that it will be a wonderful time spent with some amazing friends. I'll try to update again tomorrow before I leave... {smiles}

No comments: