Tuesday, April 24, 2007

It's been an amazing mail week!


As the "Squishie Mingle" begins to come to a close, I've been reading some awesome posts in the CQ For Newbies group of the items many of the mingle participants have received. I'm thrilled beyond belief at the generousity of everyone that participated in sharing what little stash we all seem to have to provide access to some supplies that others may or not had access to on their own. The squishies have all been fantastic from what I've seen posted on a variety of blogs and/or read about within the group. Everyone seems really thrilled with what they've received, making this first ever mingle such a huge success!

This is what I received from Julie; isn't it amazing? Julie did a magnificant job at assembling this squishie for me. She choose a blue, green, and pink color scheme, labelled most of the pieces of fabrics she put together which was awesome as it will help me in my searches for fabrics to use for CQ'ing, and she enclosed some vintage fabrics for me to add to my stash as I work to build it. She enclosed a letter to me explaining that these vintage fabrics came from a doll museum that closed in the early '60's and I am so happy that she shared a bit of their history with me. She also included a baggie with embellishments! Too numerous to mention, but I must admit I love each and everyone of them, especially the hand dyed laces and motifs --- as I had none. Thank you, Julie! I love everything you sent! {*big smiles* I can't wait to play!}

No comments: