Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Yesterday's achievements...

After my chiro appt. I made a quick dash into Goodwill, finding little, we soon made our way back to Hobby Lobby where I picked up a 6"x12" wooden needlepoint frame and masking tape so I could begin to work on Alexxis's Guess How Much I Love You needlepoint pillow soon. Making my way back home, I went back through the kit, reading instructions, and preparing the canvas for framing while I work. It wasn't much longer that I was rinsing the floss to ensure it wouldn't bleed later when it might need a cleaning. Wouldn't you know none of the floss bled; but had I not you know something would have, LOL! Anyways, I believe I'll be paying my mom a visit soon so she can help get me started on creating this as I've never worked on before. I did find the center point of the image and attempted a few stitches, before I took them out and decided to wait. Somehow they just weren't looking right to me, like they weren't filling the canvas. Not sure this was how it was supposed to look, I decided to wait and visit my mom for assistance before going any further.

After resting a bit and having taken an afternoon nap, I decided to turn my attention to items I needed to get working on for mailing soon. Don had recently brought me a box home from the store for packaging up a package that will be heading to my sister's soon, so I packaged that up and assessed how much I more I could add to it before sending it off. I gathered up the Kitten and Mitten's wall hanging for Christy, making note of the size envy I'll need to get from the studio; then decided to work more on my Deco for an upcoming RR swap. I completed two pages {I'll take photos soon} and wrote a paragraph in the back for the participants to discover. It is now within a quart size zip lock, ready to be mailing.

I need to start creating for an ATC "In the Garden" themed swap soon. I believe I'll create 10 of the same design to save me some time and get those ready to be taken to the post office along with everything else. Doing this all in one trip will be a god-send saving me some time later.

I still have several WIP's and WISP's to work on, while I'm determining what I want to start working on creating next. Those are small projects and are being created for myself so there's no pressure as to when they get finished and they will allow me to continue practice my stitching.

My mind is beginning to reel with thoughts and ideas: creating a rag quilt styled tote bag and creating a few small blocks for CQ'ing. I've been desiring to create the tote bag for some time. Having no pattern to work with, I find myself thinking it through. So far, I'm leaning towards a 9 patch style using 5" blocks with a 1" seam and fray for the front, back, and both sides. I'm a bit uncertain regarding how to create the carrying strap but know I want it created rag quilted patch style, but I may narrow it as I bring it to the shoulder area for carrying. I may experiment with the pattern on some paper first. I'm also thinking about what to use for a stabilizing fabric, double-sided fast to fuse maybe? And of course the tote will need an inner liner. While reading JoAnn's quilt book a while back, I stumbled on an edge binding I'd like to try. It is designed to finish a quilt, but I'm thinking created in smaller squares and then folded and pinned it would make for a nice finished touch to the top of the bag and useful for sewing the inside liner and the outer bag top together. I may have to look for some tote bag patterns soon... I love Amy Butler's line of them. As for the CQ'ing, I'm leaning towards creating a heart or two. One, for my pass through window and another for giving to my dear friend, Sheila.

No comments: