Saturday, May 26, 2007

Life is like a roller coaster!

Up and down, up and down, then a curve, another hill to climb... before the plunge..... prayfully, I hope there is NO Sudden Stop! In our lives anyways. Yesterday after spending $5?.04 dollars for gasoline, our fuel pump went out on the Jeep! And Don has been working to replace a rear tire on our riding lawn mower --- a necessity when you've an acre of land to mow! Our mechanic won't be able to even look at the Jeep until Wednesday, after the holiday weekend --- thankfully, we still have Don's beat up ole' pick up truck, LOL! Late last night, Don finally got the rear tire and rim off the axle of the mower and this morning he found a tire and rim to fit for $20. Having only one vehicle now, I didn't make it to the post office to mail the decos out to Linda so I'll have to send them out on Tuesday.

I don't believe we'll be camping over at Dennis and Sheila's as we planned just a few days ago. We're experiencing scattered bits of rain and thunderstorms here in Ohio this weekend and with only one vehicle now at our disposal, I don't really want to plan any out of town trips. So instead, I'll be cleaning and shopping and maybe we'll just plan a cookout or a dinner with my parents on Monday.

Tuesday will be another very busy day for me. I've my last chiropractor appointment in the morning and hopefully will be released to return to work! In the afternoon, my physical is scheduled for the company. Talk about cutting things close! I didn't think things would move so swiftly when I filled out that application but it's all good, I'm sure! I've been counting down the days with my calculated start date.... trying to make the transition as smoothly as possible. Don has made arrangements to have some time off of work to accomodate my needs. My swap obligations have been fulfilled so I can focus on everything else for the time being, get adjusted to this new lifestyle change before I take the plunge back in for swapping/trading anything else. But more importantly, Don, Chaos, and I are healthy and happy! Experience has taught me that things could always be worst, so I'm counting these little obstacles as blessings in disguise!

Well, I'm off of here... want to check out a few groups, a blog or two, and one message board before the cleaning begins. That shouldn't take me but a couple of hours and I'm thinking maybe I'll sew something up to have available to work on in the evenings while I'm relaxing after work should I feel up to it. I'll chat with everyone soon, *waves*

1 comment:

lindaharre said...

After reading some of the blogs I visit....I feel like you, SO GLAD TO BE HEALTHY AND HAPPY! All our kids are fine as well as the grandkids....so life is good! Joanna has had such a rough year (if you read her blog)....I can't imagine holding up my chin like she does. Several other blogs have asked for prayers for various things and like you.....each time I feel so blessed:) Hope the rest of your holiday week-end is relaxing:)