Friday, May 25, 2007

Rebecca's Deco....


Rebecca's theme is "In the Mail" filled with beautiful vintage images of children and mail. I searched through my vintage image stash to only find one vintage image in a Valentine's theme using anything mail related. So, I used only a portion of it but adapted the color scheme. The background is a red polka dot fabric from my recent charm pack purchase. I added a piece of red mulberry paper for texture, the image, and a stamped postcard which I colored using Prismacolor pencils in even more red! Red text printed onto vanilla colored cardstock reads, "Around the world in eight days" inspired by the time it took for a postcard to be received overseas.

2 comments:

Susan said...

A darling page. You must have to have quite a stash to do this kind of thing. Boohoo! I have no more room!

Cathy said...

Susan, I do have quite the paper stash with embellishments, supplies, and rubberstamps, but fabric, no... This piece was from a recent purchase of charms packs that I purchased to simply play with... but I'm learning to make due with what I have "on hand"... certainly doesn't keep me wishing for more, LOL!