Monday, May 14, 2007

Some changes...


Recently, Don and I made some changes surrounding the jacuzzi. We tore off an overhang that allowed us to be in the jacuzzi even in the rain... as long as no lightning was being seen. Over the course of the years, the 2x4's gradually began rotting away, began to be a place for wasps to build nests, etc. so we tore it all away! I love how open and airy the space seems now although I miss the arbor-like quality it used to have.

We did however leave all the hardware brackets in place and may one day replace the awning with an arbor out of treated lumber. I'd love to add some large urn style pots along the back fence {wall} to plant some climbers into... couldn't you just see it with some wisteria in full bloom? This photograph was taken early in the evening when our rear deck is partially covered in shade which makes for many enjoyable evenings spent out here. I like to think that one day I'll decorate this space more... add a few shelves for rolled up towels, clear acrylic containers filled with candles and shells, and I've even considered creating a few canvas paintings of a beach scene to hang on the siding of the house... of course, that is yet to be done... but one day you just might find that here with some big huge honky pillows scattered about!

No comments: