Friday, May 18, 2007

Spring Fling "Postcard"


I decided to work on embellishing this fabric postcard yesterday because it seems I've taken my rubberstamps back out to the studio and it was a bit chilly for me to desire to venture out to look for them. {What the heck happened to Spring? I stayed inside where it was warmer and chilled most of the day!} Anyways, I added a bit of wide lace trim over one of the printed pieces and adorned the seams with a variety of trims and ribbons, leaving only a few for embroidery stitches since I used the stamped Anna Griffith image embroidery for the focal image, I didn't desire for this piece to have too much or too many and become too overbearing. I do, however, like the variety of the trims and ribbons that I'd choosen.

I've also have a few ideas for the back "postcard"--- adding some stamping onto some of the printed fabric in coordinating colored inks using some of my "postage" themed images, adding some handwritten journaling using a Pigma pen using "Spring" as my central theme... {eg., you know... the sun is shining, the birds are singing, my soul is soaring as I listen to the water as it gently cascades over the rocks.... sort of thing} and embellishing those items with additional stitching, creating some sort of a fabric collage as I create it.

I also have given a bit of thought to how I want to bind it using Prairie Squares . Doing so will take a little bit of figuring out what size of the initial block I'll need to cut, determining the length of the triangle it creates before cutting and pressing them all, but I think I'd like to stay with a 1" size as the postcard is 4"x6" and would make figuring out just how many I'd need so much easier! LOL! We shall see how that goes.... as I've never made them before but I love the look. I'd originally thought about binding my crazy quilt throw using them... until I came to my senses as I realized I'd need to cut out 3000 of them!!! A postcard size, I should be able to handle... wish me luck!!!

No comments: