Saturday, June 23, 2007

A Card Creation...


I recently received another wonderful order from Pat Winter's Gatherings Etsy store. Pat's Bliss Kits are so amazing and the little extras she enclosed were so greatly appreciated. Feeling blessed by her generosity, I desired to return the kindness by sending her a handmade and heartfelt, "Thank You" card. I used some of my favorite images and enclosed a short but handwritten letter. As I was stamping the card, the idea to stamp her some of the images using a waterproof India ink onto satin struck me --- as they take dyes and Lumiere paints wonderfully! I'm certain that Pat will find an amazing way to use them in her creative endeavors to inspirr me and others.

As I created Pat's card and wrote that brief letter, I felt blessed once again. Blessed by so many friendships, some made through the Internet. Blessed to have such a God-given talent, the ability to create beautiful things using my own two hands. My thoughts turned to reminiscing about the days when I looked forward to receiving mail that included a a handwritten letter from loved ones and friends. I longed to run out to the studio, to simply sit down with a cup of tea, some of the wonderful letters, cards, and artworkI have received from so many online friends, family, and friends over the years. I wished I would have had the time to be able to do just that and made a promise to myself to treat myself to doing that one day soon. I had to remind myself that there's a time for everything... and this was a time to simply be grateful.

Thinking of being grateful, I remember my gratitude chain that I started so many months ago and longed soulfully for some time to begin working on it. I realized just how I much I miss creating. So, I made a quick dash out to the studio for some scrap paper, a few more rubberstamps, and a glue stick. To assist me later, I'm creating a list in my journal so the prompts will be there, when the time is right. With a bit of luck and timing, I may just be able to add a link or two once a week. Wish me luck! {smiles}

No comments: