Friday, June 01, 2007

Catching Up and A Day Off!

Returning to work has been a blessing. I'm meeting new people, making new friends, and working, of course. However, my poor ole' body is also letting me know that I've been leading a "soft" life for a bit too long, LOL! The hardest part for me is carrying around the extra pounds of weight that I've gained while leading that old lifestyle, which in turn has resulted in sore and aching feet after being on them for 10 hours a day. So, I'm working to change that by eating less, resting them while home, and attempting to be a bit more active. Hopefully, the weight will decrease and I'll be a lot more comfortable as I strive to adjust. I believe shopping for some comfortable insoles for my new shoes this weekend will help, along with taking some tylenol or advil during the day in the upcoming week.

I've received some wonderful compliments on the job I'm doing from my co-workers and supervisors, so that makes me feel good! {(*insert some warm fuzzies here :) I feel positive about the job I'm doing and am confident that I can do it once I'm placed on my own line. Although, I'm certain that I will run into a few challenges but they will also provide me an opportunity to learn a whole lot more. I have a 3-day weekend this week as I was given the day off while the company works on inventory today.

I'm intending to use the time to re-cooperate a bit, catch up around our home, and restoring my body and soul. I have hopes of beginning to work on painting a garden/beach mural on the inside of our deck fence surrounding the hot tub area this morning. My idea is to create an oval landscape shaped mural of a garden scene with a secluded beach scene peeking out through the background. I want to finish stamping the last line of the quotation, "Dance like no one is watching, Sing like no one is listening, and Love like you've never been hurt" surrounding it. {Do you remember when I added the first two lines above to the inside deck railing?} I'll using regular old acryllic paints to create the mural and once completed will seal it with polyurathane to protect it from the weather.

My final goal is to add a few large potted plants, preferably some type of palm trees, some containers to hold sea shells, candles, and possibly adding a shelf to the inside of the other fence to hold a few folded beach towels and a hooks for our robes to help soften the hard lines of the fence and the surfaces there to create a zen-like relaxing atmosphere eventually. Adding a tablecloth and pillows to the patio set, using candles, and potted plants scattered about will help with the theme on the remaining portion of the deck. Don and I spend a great deal of time on our deck relaxing in the evenings so why not make it more comfortable and enjoyable to be there?

Speaking of Don, a friend of his began worked on our Jeep yesterday, dropping the gas tank, and replacing the fuel filter and fuel pump. They ran out of light last night but are once again working on it already this morning, so they should have it finished later today. Well, I'm off to get started... I may have some photographs of my progress to share soon. *waves*

No comments: